Friday, June 26, 2009

Return to Bickleton


Windmill at the Carousel Museum

I took a trip back to Bickleton a couple of weeks ago, because the Carousel Museum was open and the carousel itself was supposed to be operating for the only time all year. Unfortunately I got there a little bit too early--the carousel is set up at the rodeo grounds but the horses are stored in the museum--and they hadn't been moved yet. That was to take place later in the afternoon, but I couldn't stick around that long. But the museum was very nice, and I did get to see the town in the summer rather than the dead of winter. The town was also getting ready for its 99th annual rodeo, but that was to take place on Saturday and I was heading to Seattle that day, so alas, I missed it. I also missed the annual Combine Demolition Derby in Lind, WA which is another quirky little event I wanted to see. Next year, I guess.

Horses with feet wrapped for protection, ready for the trip to the carousel site.



Bickleton Church


No comments:

Post a Comment